For the first time in our 25-year history, we’re launching our new Spring Summer 2019 campaign with a little help from a celebrity face! We’re absolutely delighted to welcome the British model and actress, Poppy Delevingne, to the Cath Kidston family. Want to discover more about her? Scroll to the bottom of the page!
As someone who shares the same hometown as our brand, Poppy’s vivaciousness and youthful spirit captures the story of the new season perfectly. As the Young Ambassador for the British Fashion Council as well as countless high-profile campaigns and magazine covers under her belt, we’re so excited to work with her and bring our new campaign to life in a fresh, exciting way.
Shot on location and in-studio around our beloved London, you’ll find Poppy showcasing our chic new Colour Pop Leather range in a fantastical flower-filled taxi, which was created by world-renowned set designer, Simon Costin and shot by British photographer, Thomas Cooksey. We wanted to create a new take on our classic lifestyle shots to bring our latest offering to life, and Poppy helps elevate the sophisticated new bag shapes with a touch of British flair.
Poppy is also the face of our Mother’s Day campaign, and for this we’ve photographed her in a world of real flowers and framed flower-filled walls. This approach, when paired with the three new, distinctive hand-drawn prints created by our talented studio team, showcases an exciting new design direction for us as a brand. We hope you’ll join us in welcoming the lovely Poppy to the Cath Kidston family, and that you enjoy the special pieces waiting for you in our new collection!
ABOUT POPPY DELEVINGNE
– Our lovely star is 33 years old and she jets between London and Los Angeles.
– Her little sister, Cara, is a world-famous supermodel and an actress too!
– Two of Poppy’s ancestors served as Lord Mayor of London, our beloved home city.
– The queen of our campaign has some royal links too! Her maternal grandmother Janie Sheffield, a granddaughter of the 6th Baronet Sheffield, was lady-in-waiting to HRH Princess Margaret.
– This year Poppy will play the co-lead in the second season of the Sky Atlantic drama, Rivera.
– Our leading lady has also appeared in movies such as Kingsman: The Golden Circle and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.
– You may also recognise her from her appearances in campaigns for Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Chanel and more!
– She’s graced the covers and pages of countless fashion magazines, including British Vogue, Vogue China, Elle UK and Harper’s Bazaar Korea (just to name a few!).
– She’s a Young Ambassador for the British Fashion Council, supporting the council as it promotes British fashion design talent to a global market. Go Poppy!
– Poppy’s style is chic and glam, and some of her best looks include those she has worn on the red carpet. She was recently at the Critics’ Choice Awards, British Fashion Awards, and regularly attends shows at London Fashion Week.
– Her celeb pals include Rita Ora, Sienna Miller and Alexa Chung – can anyone tell us where we can sign up to be part of that girl gang?
Follow Poppy Delevingne on Instagram with @poppydelevingne where she shares snaps of her dreamy holiday locations, work and star-studded events.