Dread the wrapping? Don’t get your tinsel in a twist! We’re here to take the stress out of the Sellotape with our step by step wrapping guide below.
You will need:
- Wrapping paper
- Name tags
Before you begin, make sure you have the present, wrapping paper, Sellotape, ribbon, and scissors all close to hand. If you have a soft gift, like clothing or a teddy, you can make wrapping easier by popping it in a box.
- Firstly, measure out how much paper to cut. It should be long enough to cover both sides of the present with a couple of inches overlap at the edges.
- Cut the paper you’ve measured away from the roll, then bring both sides together to meet in the middle, ensuring it’s taut and fits snugly around the gift. Tape in place.
3. Close the ends by folding the shorter edges down towards the present. You should be left with two triangular flaps.
4. Next, fold the top flap down, ensuring it sits snugly against the side of the present.
5. Follow by folding the point of the bottom flap back on itself to create a straight line, then fold the bottom flap up to the side of the present and tape in place. Repeat on the other side.
6. Get your ribbon and measure it out. Make sure you have enough to wrap around both sides of the present and tie a bow. Don’t skimp!
7. Lay the ribbon out flat and place the gift on top with the taped side of the present facing upwards (this ensures that the bow will end up on the top of the present!).
8. Bring the two ends up to meet in the centre. Keeping the ribbon snug around the box, twist it around itself so the two ends now face the sides without ribbon.
9. Flip the gift over, keeping hold of the ribbon and ensuring it remains taut, then bring the ends together in the centre to tie in a knot.
10.Finish with a bow and a hand-written name tag. You could even add an extra-special touch with a sweet little bauble!
We’d love to see how you’re prettying up your presents this year – don’t forget to tag us in your photos @cathkidston_ltd #TheHomeofChristmas, or let us know if you have any top wrapping tips and tricks in the comments below!